So, why am i calling it a desperate quesadilla? yeaaa it’s just because when i made this dish, all i use is pretty much everything i can find on my hubby’s family refrigerator. I am despreatly in need of a proper ingredients. But I manage to make it just near the real quesadilla. Hoho😛
I called these a desperate ingredients haha!
Picture #1: Is a paratha bread we found the other day on Farmers Market. So my dad in law said that he bought this kind of bread way back then and forgotten about it ever since. Well i knew that bread, i put it out from the fridge the other day and found it already rotten. So all i do is cut every piece of bread that contains rotten material (such as a green fungi) with a scissor, then cook the rest with butter. Err.. it taste not that good and fortunately my father in law did not taste it. Therefore i bought it again and use it as a tortilla.
Picture #2: So i watch this cooking video on youtube from Danispies channel. She made a brocolli and chicken quesadilla that looks delicious and healthy. I did not find a brocoli on the fridge so i use this lettuce instead.
Picture #3: It’s a mushroom and chicken mixture that i made using an onion, chicken, champignon mushroom, and green yellow and red paprica.
Picture #4: It is actually a sheet cheddar cheese that i cut julienne, because i don’t have a shredded cheddar cheese😀
So, there you go the desperate ingredients i use today. Hopefully one day i’ll find all the proper ingredients especially for the tortilla, because believe me it needs extra care to handle a paratha bread.
Recipe for a mixture from picture #3:
(I don’t really measure anything, so it is really based on how much quasedilla you want to make)
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast (i use only half of chicken breast): cut into a medium stripes and then cook it with a little olive oil just until the meat turn white. Let it chill for a while and then tear it into small pieces. Or you can cut it little cube size instead.
- 1 medium size white onion: slice it and then seperate it layer by layer until it form an onion ring circle. Sautee it with a little olive oil (or in my case the oil i use from cooking the chicken) until the color turn brown.
- Champignon Mushroom: or you can use any mushroom that you like. Slice it fine and then sautee it with olive oil. Remove the excess oil and let it cook until the colour brown and shrink in size.
- Yellow, green, and red paprica: Cut it into medium size cubes and set aside.
- Sautee all ingredients until the paprica is softened. Add salt, pepper, and garlic salt. Set aside.
And this is how i made the quesadilla:
- Prepare the unstick skillet you have and pour a little olive oil in it.
- I take one slice of paratha bread. If you are using the same brand as mine, i recomend you to put the bread on the freezer so you can easily seperate the dough from the wrapper.
- Unwrap the dough and put it in the skillet. Wait for about 1 minute until the dough is changing in colour. Flip the dough and do the same to the other side.
- At this point you can add your cheese and then layer it with chicken mixture, and then layer it with the lettuce and top it with the cheese. Do this only on the half of the dough.
- Cook it for a while, and then turn the other dough that did not have a mixture in it to cover the mixture. Put heavy things on top of the quesadilla to make it thinner.
- Flip the quesadilla over and cook until the dough is crispy.
- Set the quesadilla aside and cut it into three triangle.
- Serve it with plain yoghurt that already mixed with a chilli sauce or sambal oeloek. (you can use sour cream instead of plain yoghurt, but i dont recomend mayonaise).
You can also serve it with home made salsa. But i havent made any salsa before, so i dont want to risk it this time😛 Well, i love this recipee so much, it is just like what i imagine when i saw it on youtube. As for my hubby, he seems enjoyed it also, hopefully my in laws also like it. Cross fingers.
Have fun in the kitchen😉