- 2 packets of Tofu (I use an egg tofu)
- 1 large red peppers / bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 / 4 cups cornstarch
- 1 / 4 cups flour
- 1 / 2 cups water
Optional : Rice Noodle (break it into small pieces)
How to make Fried Tofu Chili Salt
- Steamed tofu (still wrapped) for 5 minutes (this process is to make tofu not easy to fall apart when they’re being cut)
- Cut the tofu into 5-6 parts
- Clean the peppers from the seeds and cut into very small square shape
- Make dough by mixing all ingredients, then soak the tofu into the batter
- pre heat the oil in a non-sticky pan. After the oil is really hot, put tofu and fry until golden colour. Remove and drain.
- Fried rice noodles until crispy. Remove and drain.
- Pour the used oil elsewhere and leave about 1 tsp. Put in the minced garlic and red chili pepper, and cook until finely done. Add salt and pepper and stir until they’re evenly mixed.
- Put in the tofu and stir
- Serve the fried rice noodles on a plate and Tofu fried on it. Add fried potatoes as a complement.
Voila! just like you order in your favourite Chinese restaurants😉