Today for some reason i feel soooo tired. But i still try new recipes. This time is mashed Potatoes with chicken gravy. I also added fried chicken as a complement. Here goes the recipe …
Ingredients for Mashed Potatoes
- 4 potatoes (big in shape)
- 1 / 2 cup liquid milk (I use bear brand milk, it taste better than a regular milk)
- 2 tablespoons
- margarine / butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for Chicken Gravy
- 1 / 2 spring onions (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 pieces of chicken fillet (finely chopped)
- 1 quart chicken broth (I mix the three Maggy block with one liter of water: D)
- 1 / 2 cup milk / cream liquid
- 1 block butter / margarine
- 1 / 2 cup flour
- Nutmeg powder
- Pepper and salt
Mashed Potates(How To)
- Peel the potatoes and place it in the pot
- Fill in the pot with water until the potatoes are fully covered, add in pinch of salt
- Boil potatoes over medium heat, when the water started to look bubbly reduce the heat.
- Cook the potatoes for approximately 25 minutes. When potatoes cooked and easy to mashed, waste water and return the potatoes into the pot (do not turn off the fire). Leave it on for 30 seconds until the water is completely gone.
- Mash the potatoes with a battering.
- Add butter and milk, stirring until evenly distribute.
- Add pepper and salt, mix well
Chicken Gravy (How To)
- Saute onion and chopped garlic, then add chicken. Cook until done.
- Fill in the chicken broth and cook until boiling.
- Melt butter / margarine until it completely turn to liquid
- Enter the flour and cook until lightly brown (do not over cook it)
- When flour cooked, fill in the chicken broth mixture
- Add pepper, salt, and dried basil.
- Cook until mixture thickens.
Grilled Chicken (How To)
- Cut the chicken thighs (which are in-fillet) into pieces
- Heat oil in non-stick frying pan (flat shape)
- Place the chicken pieces, then sprinkle with pepper, salt, and dried basil
- Turn the chicken and do the same on the other side. Cook until done.
* Serve mashed potatoes and grilled chicken on serving plate. Pour the chicken gravy on top of it. Serve while it still warm.