Well, the word “cheat” in the title referring to “my own creations”. Adapted from titles that taro Watanabe of runnyrunny999 gave to dishes he made which different with the original version. For examples is when he add potato chips on his Okonomiyaki recipe. Well .. for this time, I will share you my “cheat” Soyu Ramen recipe. A japanese dish with easily find ingredients.
In the original recipe, Japanese people will add konbu kelp, seweed paper, and bonito flakes to make ramen soup. But because the material was somewhat hard to find here in Depok, so i didn’t use it. Someday when I have time to go to farmers market and buy complete ingredients I’ll post the recipe and let you know the differences🙂
Oh yes, I also use container bowl made of clay. It’s my mom’s property. The bowl was purchased directly in Japan by my aunt.
Here goes the recipee ..
*Instead of ramen, i use a regular egg-noodle. NOT really recommended, because the result is too soggy. Better to use instant noodles.
Inggredients for Ramen Soup
- 2 tablespoons oil (for sautee)
- 1 onion (thick slices and separate sheets by sheet
- 3 cloves garlic
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Maggy block (chicken boilon)
- 1 / 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups water
Ingredients For Chicken Katsu
- 1 piece of chicken thigh (seperate the bones)
- 3 tbsp Sasa seasoning flour (garlic flavor)
- 4 tbsp really cold water
* Addition: 1 egg (for ramen)
- Boil noodles until cooked, drain and flush with cold water for the noodles to stop expanding
- Mix 1 tbsp Sasa seasoning flour with 1 tbsp cold water, then soak the chicken meat for few minutes
- Roll marinated chicken in the flour until perfectly covered. Deep fry chicken in hot oil until it brown in colour. Remove and drain
- Heat 2 tbsp oil. Saute garlic and onion until cooked and golden brown
- Pour in the water mixed with Maggy block. Add in soy sauce, sugar, and cook until water boils
- When water is boiling add in the noodles and whole egg. Boil until the egg cooked (do not stir)
- Add chicken Katsu. Serve
Note: I cook soyu sauce directly over the clay bowl.